Monday, May 18, 2009

A Little Mommy Time

All last week was around 100 degrees, so on Friday I brought the boys over to their cousin Trey's house so that Cooper could swim in his pool. I didn't think that I would get to swim but I brought my swimsuit just in case, I'm glad I did because Dane slept the whole time we were there, allowing me to swim with Cooper for a couple of hours. We had a blast and Cooper sure loved having my undivided attention. Thanks Janel, Trey & Talya for having us over!

By that night Cooper had a fever of 102 degrees, but he was still really happy. He followed me around all day asking for hugs, and to sit on my lap. Usually Mason tucks him into bed every night because Cooper misses him during the day and insists that Daddy tuck him in. So that night Mason went in to Cooper's room to tuck him in and came right back out saying that he was requesting me. I was really surprised because usually Cooper gets upset when I try to tuck him in. I went in, laid on the bed next to him, sang him a few songs and then told him I loved him and I was about to give him a kiss and get up, when Cooper looked at me with a huge smile on his face and said "You're the best mom." I melted right then and there. I love you so much Cooper, I'm so glad that I get to be your mommy!

4 comments:

the duffsters said...

I'm glad you got to swim with Cooper! Dane was so nice to let you do that. Also, the story at the bottom was so cute! I can't wait for the day Parker says that to me.... But I am pretty sure he thinks it though... I can just see it in his eyes. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... so cute. We love having you guys swim with us!

Chels Allred said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing for him to say! I hope my kids tell me that one day! What a sweetie.

Stacey said...

That is so rewarding! I bet Cooper was in heaven that day.

Yes, I will be wherever the heck you want me to be that weekend. It's killing me that I haven't seen Dane yet. I need to squeeze him and Cooper. Let me know what your plans will be, so I can see guys.